Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Arm Injury Update

Mariano Rivera was in fine form, winning yesterday's pool tournament. It also had to mean his surgically repaired right shoulder was feeling pretty good. He confirmed it with the Post's George King.
"It's feeling strong and now I am building muscle," Rivera said of the shoulder, which was operated on after last season. "I have been throwing, playing long toss and it's getting better every day."
Jorge Posada continues to progress well after his own shoulder surgery. Posada made 100 throws on Sunday, including 15 from 220 feet and another 10 from home plate to second base. He told the Daily News' Mark Feinsand that things felt good on Monday morning.
"I feel good today," Posada said. "There's no pain, so every day I'm able to bounce back from all that throwing, I'm progressing. We still haven't even started games yet, so I'm really happy with it."
Peter Abraham of the Journal News reported this morning that Edwar Ramirez will be shut down for 3 days with what is being described as bursitis in his right shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment