Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sabathia Honored with Spahn Award

Yankee-to-be, CC Sabathia, was in Oklahoma City, OK tonight to receive the Warren Spahn Award. The honor is given to the top left-hander in the game to commemorate the Hall of Famer's career. Afterwards, reporters naturally asked him about facing the pressure of playing in the Big Apple.
"If you ask anybody in my family or anybody that knows me, I don't think there's any outside pressure that could be put on me that I don't put on myself," Sabathia said Saturday night before being honored with the Warren Spahn Award. "I put an enormous amount of pressure on myself to go out there and perform and expect to win every game, expect to pitch well in every game.

"I think having the guys in New York -- the A-Rods and the Jeters and these great players, and Tex -- I think it will help me be a better player."

"All I'm going to say is I'm excited to be on a big-market team and to be able to get where we need to win and know that the organization's going to do that every year, year in and year out," Sabathia said. "That feels good."

It was the second straight season that Sabathia copped the award. You can read the complete interview at WCBSTV.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment