Thursday, January 22, 2009

Joba is Footloose

The Omaha-World Journal has a Q & A with Joba Chamberlain. Some audio is included. Here's an amusing excerpt.
Q. What about music?
A. It's the greatest form of expression there is. I was involved in musicals when I was in high school — "West Side Story" and "Footloose."
Q. So you can dance?
A. A little bit.
Q. Why'd you get into theater?
A. My dad always said: "You've got to be involved in sports or school or get a job." I really wasn't a huge fan of getting a job at the time. So I did theater.
Q. Did you have any embarrassing moments on stage?
A. The day we did "Footloose" a girl almost slipped off my shoulder, but I caught her. She was wearing a satin dress and heels and used my thigh as a step. ... So I basically got a heel into my thigh and nearly dropped her.
Q. Will you ever get back into theater?
A. It would be fun to do, just to be a part of something and not necessarily the headliner. I wouldn't want that much responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment