Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moose not Fearing Fall Out

Not that he'll be a part of it, but Mike Mussina, for one, doesn't think Joe Torre's book will cause any problems in the Yankees' clubhouse.
"He's the best player that I've had a chance to play with," Mussina told the paper. "And he works hard at it, and if he sat around and worried about everything that happened, he wouldn't be able to be the player that he is. I was in that clubhouse for eight years. I've seen a lot of stuff go on. A lot of stories go out. I've seen Alex deal with a lot of things, this past year and in other years. I don't foresee this as being a major issue."

"What goes on in the clubhouse and teammates razzing or giving each other a hard time doesn't necessarily mean we're cutting into people," Mussina told the Post. "Did I ever hear anybody call him ['A-Fraud']? It's possible. But that doesn't mean it's meant in a harsh way. We're stuck together for six months, and we're trying to have fun with each other and get people motivated. I don't look at that as something that's nasty."
source: MLB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment