Friday, June 6, 2008

Yankees 2nd Pick - Jeremy Bleich

The Yankees took left-handed pitcher Jeremy Bleich (Stanford U) with the 1st round compensation pick they got for Luis Vizcaino.

Peter Abraham has a Q&A with Stanford Daily writer Wyndam Makowsky about Bleich.

From Stanford.edu:

Parents: Stan and Caron Bleich
Major: Economics
I would describe myself as a person as: Funny, competitive, intelligent, hard-working and diligent
The reason I love baseball is: It's a game of failure and you need to learn how to deal with failure in order to succeed, just like you do in life
The reason I chose Stanford is: It's the best academic and athletic combination in the country
I pattern my game after: Andy Pettitte
Greatest Athletic Moment: Representing the United States in Mexico for the Pan Am Championships
The biggest thrill of my life to date is: Going into the Astros' clubhouse and meeting four of the players
The best thing about Stanford is: The care of the administration about both athletics and academics
Favorite Movie: The Sandlot
Favorite Book: Moneyball
What sets Stanford Baseball apart from other collegiate baseball programs is: Hard work
The person I admire most is: My father
The thing I love most about baseball is: Even when you fail your next chance is right around the corner
My ultimate SportsCenter highlight would be: Throwing a shutout in the College World Series
Best Advice Received: Don't be good, be great
Advice To Youngsters: Don't let anyone outwork you
For me to improve as a player, I need to: Be more consistent
My parents were right when they told me: Hard work eventually pays off
Did You Know? Jeremy attended the K-12 Isidore Newman School for 13 years
I am most thankful in life for: My health
Earliest Baseball Memory: Playing tee-ball at age five

No comments:

Post a Comment