Friday, June 6, 2008

Yankees 2nd Pick - Jeremy Bleich

The Yankees took left-handed pitcher Jeremy Bleich (Stanford U) with the 1st round compensation pick they got for Luis Vizcaino.

Peter Abraham has a Q&A with Stanford Daily writer Wyndam Makowsky about Bleich.

From Stanford.edu:

Parents: Stan and Caron Bleich
Major: Economics
I would describe myself as a person as: Funny, competitive, intelligent, hard-working and diligent
The reason I love baseball is: It's a game of failure and you need to learn how to deal with failure in order to succeed, just like you do in life
The reason I chose Stanford is: It's the best academic and athletic combination in the country
I pattern my game after: Andy Pettitte
Greatest Athletic Moment: Representing the United States in Mexico for the Pan Am Championships
The biggest thrill of my life to date is: Going into the Astros' clubhouse and meeting four of the players
The best thing about Stanford is: The care of the administration about both athletics and academics
Favorite Movie: The Sandlot
Favorite Book: Moneyball
What sets Stanford Baseball apart from other collegiate baseball programs is: Hard work
The person I admire most is: My father
The thing I love most about baseball is: Even when you fail your next chance is right around the corner
My ultimate SportsCenter highlight would be: Throwing a shutout in the College World Series
Best Advice Received: Don't be good, be great
Advice To Youngsters: Don't let anyone outwork you
For me to improve as a player, I need to: Be more consistent
My parents were right when they told me: Hard work eventually pays off
Did You Know? Jeremy attended the K-12 Isidore Newman School for 13 years
I am most thankful in life for: My health
Earliest Baseball Memory: Playing tee-ball at age five

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy,
    Wishing you much sucsess!
    Rabbi Moshe Bleich
    Wellesley Weston Chabad

    (A Huge Yankee fan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your lips to God's ear Rabbi. Are you related to Jeremy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the process of finding that out....
    Most of my family is in NY and we are praying that he makes it to the bigs, so that we can buy jerseys with our name on it -:)

    ReplyDelete