Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laugh-Rod

One of YES' new shows this season is YESterdays which focuses on player's back stories (to steal a phrase from LOST). Alex Rodriguez is profiled on this week's episode, so YES sent out transcripts to the media. Peter Abraham posted the following excerpt in which Cynthia Rodriguez describes her husband's less than stellar performance at delivery time of their 2nd child. It's a very funny read.

“As tough and big as he seems, he is real wimpy around doctors or any type of medical situation. I don’t know why I thought the birth of our child would be different. In the middle of the night, I realized that I needed to go to the hospital. I wake him up. The first thing that comes out of his mouth, ‘Can we call your mother?’ And I started, ‘No. Let’s wait and make sure that I am in labor, and make sure that, you know, it’s the middle of the night.’ And go to the hospital and everything. And finally, a few hours later, I said, ‘I think you can call my mom now.’

“Uh, and the color came back to his face when I told him he could call my mom. And then forget it. I was like not even having a baby; he was the one. The one nurse had a cold cloth on his head. The other nurse had the blood pressure on his arm. And my mother was like rubbing his back. And he is passed out on a couch. And I am there, in the middle of labor. And really, I am not being paid much attention to besides the doctor and a couple of nurses. And he is there moaning. In between pushing, I am going, ‘Honey, are you OK?’ And are you breathing? Are you OK?’ “

No comments:

Post a Comment