Friday, February 8, 2008

Breaking News: Radomski Gets Probation

Kirk Radomski, the former clubhouse attendant who was the key figure in the Mitchell investigation, has received a sentence of 5 years probation and no jail time.

Radomski's willingness to work with the prosecution swayed the prosecutor's office to ask the judge for leniency.
"He is probably the most significant cooperator in the area of sports athletic doping," prosecutor Matthew Parrella told the judge, explaining that the federal government was not seeking any jail time. "His extensive and immediate cooperation deserve recognition."
In getting a chance to speak, Radomski was very remorseful for his actions.
"I would like to apologize to the court, to my family, my friends for everything I have done," said Radomski. "It hasn't been easy on me or my family."
Radomski will have to pay a fine of $18,575. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment