Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Daily Yankeeland

Longtime Star Ledger columnist Sid Dorfman has a good take on where baseball goes, or doesn't go, after the Congressional hearings.

Peter Abraham has some good audio from A-Rod from this morning.

With today being the first day of full workouts for the positional players, Joe Girardi held a meeting with all the players. He was actually the last on an agenda that included Brian Cashman, assistant GM Jean Afterman, and trainer Gene Monahan.

Andy Pettitte got some anxiety relief from an unexpected source on Monday; his old manager Joe Torre. Pettitte's cell phone rang about 2:30 pm on Monday as he prepared to address the media.
"He is a great man and I appreciated it," Pettitte said of the Dodgers' new manager. "He told me how proud he was of me. Other than that, I can't say."
Based on a conversation with Joe Girardi, Jason Giambi is expecting to play a lot more 1st Base this year. That would allow Hideki Matsui to get plenty of at-bats at DH.
"He told me, 'I need you at first base,' " Giambi said yesterday. "It was nice to hear."

No comments:

Post a Comment