Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All-Star Flock to be Sheppard-less

Unfortunately, Bob Sheppard will not be in the PA booth for the All-Star game next Tuesday. In fact, as Steve Polliti reports, Mr. Sheppard is still not sure when he'll return.
"I am not going to be physically able to perform my duties during the All-Star activities," Sheppard told The Star-Ledger from his home in Baldwin, N.Y. "I notified the Yankees that my back-up, Jim Hall - H-A-L-L - will be filling in for me.

"After 57 years of doing every game at Yankee Stadium, it is deeply disappointing," he said. "But I have no control over my well being. I have faith that God will get me back to the ballpark whenever he's ready for me to get back."

"I'm not satisfied that I can give a professional performance. And if I can't do a professional performance up to my stands, as I have done for the last 20 or 30 years, I will turn it over to my back-up, Jim Hall - H-A-L-L."
Get well soon Mr. Sheppard! We miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment