Friday, May 9, 2008

Q & A with The Captain

Derek Jeter recently sat down with Yahoo Sports' Dave Brown to discuss a variety of topics. Here's just a few.

Q: When you dived into the stands for that ball against the Red Sox in '04, were you surprised that no one grabbed your butt?

DJ: I kind of wasn't even thinking about that [laughs]. What did catch my attention was, there's 56,000 people there and I dive into the one seat that there wasn't a person sitting in there. I was hoping I'd land on someone — but that didn't work out.

Q: Whose wax dummy would take longer to melt: Yours or David Wright's?

DJ: Oh, man. Longer? I'm probably a little taller, so it might take longer for mine to melt [laughs].

What exactly was Dave Brown thinking there?

Q: Mr. Trump. What kind of landlord is he?

DJ: He's great; I've gotten to know him throughout the years and he's been great to me.

Q: Shouldn't Michigan just give you a degree already?

DJ: I think so. They probably should. I'm still a freshman. I went to school there in the off-season of my first year as a pro. I think they should. I'd like to get a degree. You ever see the movie "Back to School"? I'll go back with my kids.

Read the rest of the interview here.

Newsday also has some news on DJ today. The Captain has been romantically linked to 6 of the women listed in Maxim's Hot 100. Quite an ecclectic list - Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johansson, Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minnillo, Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba. Johannson and Biel are in the top 10, and we figure Alba probably dropped a few notches after she got pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment