Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yankee Auction for Good Cause

I received this email this morning from Tom Kackley, an employee of the Trenton Thunder.

Hi blogger people.....pardon the intrusion.

If you can help in any way.....perhaps a link on your blog to my charity auction.
I work as a minor league equipment manager in the Yankees system. This season I collected whatever goodies I could to hold an auction to benefit The Domestic Violence Project. It's all legit...100% of the profit goes to the DVP.

My hope is that I can encourage bloggers to pass along a little info about the auction to their readers so that we can raise as much money as possible for the women and kids affected by domestic violence.

or you can link through the Trenton Thunder website here: http://www.trentonthunder.com/

We have a nice collection of autographed balls, game used equipment from some high profile prospects, and some Yankee clothing that isn't available elsewhere.
I've been working in baseball 20 years, all at the minor league levels. Ten years ago, about a week before opening day, my wife's sister was murdered by her husband. I was angry for some time over the fact that I didn't get the chance to do something to save her. So, since then what I do is raise her son, and now this auction.

Hope you can help. Thanks.
Tom in Ohio

Sounds like an excellent cause indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment