Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mike Cameron Hit 25 Game Ban

Mike Cameron wants it made clear that he has not used steroids. That being said he'll start out next season with a 25 game suspension after a 2nd offense for using a banned stimulant.

"The one thing I wanted to make sure was explained is, no steroids," Cameron told AM 1090, the Padres' flagship radio station. "I never took nothing like that before in my life. That would be 50 games, and that would affect me a whole lot more."

"After all of the analysis and testing, I can only conclude that a nutritional supplement I was taking was tainted," he said. "Unfortunately, the actual supplement is gone, and therefore cannot be tested. Without the actual supplement in hand, the rules are clear, and I must accept the suspension."

For Cameron, who is about to file for free agency, the timing couldn't be worse.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment