Friday, November 9, 2007

Mitchell Finalizing Report

Word has come out that George Mitchell spoke to 11 current free agents concerning possible steroid use. Since Jason Giambi isn't a free agent, he's not one of the 11. We still have real concerns over a member of the Boston Red Sox family heading up this investigation (and we use the word investigation quite loosely). Now we wonder whether these names will be made public.

The report is due out by year end. Here's what Mitchell had to same in the meantime....
"I said at the outset of the investigation, and I've repeated several times since, that I would provide each player about whom allegations were received of the illegal use of performance-enhancing substances the opportunity to meet with me, at which time I would provide him with the information about the allegations and give him a chance to respond," Mitchell said.
Once the report is released and names possibly released, will anyone care?

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment