Thursday, July 16, 2009

My All-I've Seen Play Team




These are just the Yankees players that I've actually seen play. Never saw Mickey in person and only had glimpses of him on TV in his last 2 seasons. I was only 6 or 7 then. So basically we are talking 1969 to today.

These are not players who had their best years in other uniforms.

Starters

C Thurman Munson

1B Don Mattingly

2B Willie Randolph

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Dave Winfield

CF Bernie Williams

RF Bobby Murcer

DH Reggie Jackson

P Ron Guidry

Bench

OF Paul O'Neill
OF Lou Piniella
3B Graig Nettles
C Jorge Posada
1B Tino Martinez
UT Robinson Cano

P David Wells
P David Cone
P Andy Pettitte
P Jimmy Key
RP Mariano Rivera
RP Sparky Lyle
RP Goose Goosage
RP Dave Righetti
RP Mike Stanton

Manager - Joe Torre


Most of these were not decisions. As for the manager, I have to go with Torre's 4 titles over Billy Martin's 2. Roger Clemens best years weren't in Pinstripes and then there's the whole cheating thing.

Really all were no-brainers though I went with A-Rod after initially putting Nettles at 3B. And switched from Chris Chambliss to Tino Martinez off the bench. Also, Mike Stanton is the last man out of the pen because I couldn't think of anyone else.

Probably missing someone, but the brain is fried at nearly 5 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment