Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ticket Fall Out Continues

If you've tuned in to "Miked Up" On WFAN the last couple of days, you've heard outrage in the voices of Yankees and Mets fans concerning the availability of individual game tickets. Actually, the non availability of tickets would be a better way to describe it. One fan after another told host Mike Francesa how they were unable to purchase reasonably priced tickets. A number of fans were also turned away attempting to buy group seats.

If you recall, we told you last week how the Yankees were holding a lottery to give fans the right to purchase individual game tickets this past Monday. If you lost out, you would have the chance to buy tickets beginning on Tuesday.

I went on Tuesday morning, hoping to get our usual 2-3 games that we attend a year. We always get seats up behind home plate in the upper deck. It's high up, but you see everything. Just takes you longer to get to the bathroom and back. Well things have changed.

Obviously, there was going to a much greater ticket demand this season. But any upper deck seats that were left were down by the foul poles. It's my own personal preference, but if I'm paying good money to go to a game, I want to actually see what's going on without binoculars. I also don't want to sit 400 miles away in the bleachers.

Actually, the first thing that I saw was the big shocker everyone is talking about. I put in 2 seats, best available, and up popped the $2,625 per seat selection. I nearly fell out of my chair.

Basically, I couldn't find any reasonably priced seats for any game the entire season. So I turned to Stub Hub. Apparently so is everyone else and ticket holders are taking advantage by selling seats at ridiculous prices.

I ended up purchasing 2 seats to the April 19th game against the Indians, paying a little over face value, plus one of those idiotic extra charges. (The concept of printing your tickets at home is still bizarre too.)

For the most part though, tickets are pretty expensive on Stub Hub too. Especially if you are trying to take your family to a game. In the meantime, the Yankees have plenty of overpriced "seats between the bases" and other individual seats that costs hundreds of dollars a pop.

Poor job Steinbrenners, poor job.

No comments:

Post a Comment