Thursday, February 1, 2007

Ringing in the New Year

Roger Clemens' annual version of "Should I stay or should I go now" is now in full bloom. Clemens was the keynote speaker at last night's St. Johns University winter baseball banquet. The Rocket talked about his "failure at retirement" and that there was no way that he would be ready to pitch by May. That is if he decides to comeback...again.




Should I have the chicken or fish?
Damn, I hate decisions!




As he has before, Clemens reiterated how hard it is to make the commitment and to get into playing shape. He said the chance for another World Series ring in October could be a motivating factor.

Philip Hughes (only one 'l' - I remembered!) has already had his 2007 season limited by the Yankees. Hughes, who has already drawn comparison to Clemens by Jorge Posada, is to be kept under 180 innings pitched.

No comments:

Post a Comment