Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Here...Um....Maybe

It's Opening Day at last! We made it. Give yourselves all a pat on the back and a congratulatory round of applause. But it's not going to be an easy day. Never mind that CC Sabathia and the Yankees will be locked in a battle with Justin Verlander and the Detroit Tigers. The weather, she not look so good. forecasts a 35% chance of rain at game time (1:05 pm EDT), increasing to 65% by 3 pm. It then goes between 50% and 60% for the next couple of hours before the skies open up for the rest of the night at 7 pm.

Now normally you would be done by 7 pm but as we have seen in the past, there have been some very long, obnoxious rain delays at Yankee Stadium. My brother and I were among those who sat through a 2 hour monsoon last year. The problem is that Friday's day off looks even worse, so the guess here is that the game will get in. Whether (or in this case maybe it should be weather) or not it's a full game remains to be seen.

Today's Yankees lineup should be as follows:

LF Brett Gardner
SS Derek Jeter
3B Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Robinson Cano
RF Nick Swisher
DH Jorge Posada
CF Curtis Granderson *
C Russell Martin

* = Good news.

As expected, Pedro Feliciano landed on the DL. Luis Ayala beat out Steve Garrison for the final spot in the bullpen, leaving Boone Logan as the lone lefty, and Gustava "not a real" Molina will be the back up to Martin at catcher.

The starting lineup for the Tigers is as follows:

CF Austin Jackson
2B Will Rhymes
RF Magglio OrdoƱez
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Victor Martinez
LF Ryan Raburn
SS Jhonny Peralta
3B Brandon Inge
C Alex Avila

No comments:

Post a Comment