Monday, January 14, 2008

Yankees Drop Out of Santana Running...Again

ESPN radio's Andrew Marchand-who sounds like he's 12- reported earlier today that once again the Yankees have stopped negotiating with the Twins for the services of Johan Santana. That coming from a baseball official with knowledge of what has been transpiring on the Santana front.

Santana was realistic when asked about his situation last week.
"I'm a Minnesota Twin. That's all I know. It's up to them. Whatever they have to do is going to happen. It has nothing to do with me at all," Santana told the News-Press of Fort Myers recently. "I said it from the beginning during the season last year, whatever will be the best for this team and this organization, I'll agree with that."
Santana's agent Peter Greenberg insisted in an email last week that he has set no deadline for his client to be dealt.

Now the question remains, when do the Yankees get back in it...again?

No comments:

Post a Comment