Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Donnie Baseball Steps Down

Citing family reasons, Don Mattingly stepped down as the LA Dodgers hitting instructor earlier this evening. Donnie Baseball will remain on the Dodgers' payroll as a special assignment coach. Mike Easler has been named as the new hitting coach.

Mattingly released the following statement through the team:
"I'm very grateful that the Dodgers have allowed me to take care of these family matters and I hope that everyone can respect our privacy during this time," Mattingly said in a statement issued by the team. "I truly appreciate the support of all Dodger fans since joining the organization and I look forward to helping the team win in 2008 and beyond."
We wish Donnie and his family all of the best! We were hoping perhaps he saw himself in a Dodgers uniform and thought better of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment