Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wang Remains in Rotation


Joe Girardi told reporters this afternoon that Chien-Ming Wang will remain in the rotation. Girardi watched a replay of last night's game to get a better idea of Wang's performance.
"I thought he threw some really good sinkers," Girardi said. "His slider was really good last night. He mixed his pitches well. I thought he threw the ball pretty well. I just wanted to watch it on video to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing."

"As I've said all along, this guy has won a lot of games and I don't think you forget how to pitch," Girardi said. "You do have struggles. This game is a game where you're going to struggle from time to time, and you have to find a way to fight your way out of those struggles."
Wang's ERA dropped to a season low 12.65.

No comments:

Post a Comment