Monday, February 20, 2012

Mariano Hints At Closing Out Career


I wrote the other day that I felt this would be Mariano Rivera's final season in the Major Leagues. At Yankees' camp today, Rivera pretty much put affirmed those feelings when he met with reporters.

"I know now," Rivera said when asked if this would be his final season. "I just don't want to tell you. I know now. I will let you guys know when I think I should tell you." Rivera added that he wanted to leave before his game went downhill.

"I don't want to be seen like that. It is important for me to leave the game on top if God allows me to do that, just finish on top, knowing I did what I was called to do."

No matter what type of season he has, Rivera said he will not change his mind. If he were to come back in 2013, he certainly wouldn't make a statement like that.

Thet time has come...the time to appreciate every Rivera appearance and hope he stands on the mound in November celebrating the Yankees 28th World Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment