Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bobby Murcer: Tumor is Malignant

Former Yankees great,and my idol growing up, Bobby Murcer announced today that the tumor he had removed over the Christmas weekend is malignant. This really hits home too because my own Mom suffered with brain cancer for over a decade.

The 60-year old released the following statement to the press today:

"As we begin a new year, I find myself facing a new challenge [--] the biggest of my life so far," Murcer said. "Pathology reports have revealed that the brain tumor removed was malignant. I'm not having to battle this alone, but am fortified with the most loving family, an abundance of wonderful friends and fans and the very best class of physicians.

"I'm gaining confidence that with God and my faith leading the way, we will as a team put up an incredible fight. Please continue to send up prayers. That's all I can really ask of you at this time."

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bobby and his family for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment